MangaCat

MangaCat's Blog

I read manga and books. I usually read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Horror. I also read other books or manga that are not within those genres.

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
AR has read 45 books toward their goal of 50 books.
hide
SPOILER ALERT!

Black Bird, Vol. 1

Black Bird, Vol. 1 - Kanoko Sakurakouji

I bought three volumes of this manga several years ago because I wanted to read more shojo manga. I haven't got the chance to read them because I was busy with other activities. Since I had nothing to do for a few days, I decided to read them to pass some time.

After I read all three volumes, I wondered what my high school senior self was thinking when purchasing these books.

The first volume introduces the main characters and sets up the story. This first installment was formulaic. Every chapter in the first volume either has one or all of these three things happening: Misao running into dangerous situations, Kyo saving Misao from danger, and Kyo being a pervert. I understand the first volume being strictly formula because the author is trying to figure out what direction should the series go.

Anyway, I found Kyo's behavior annoying. I found Misao to be an uninteresting character for me. She spends most of the time crying. I understand why she cries a lot but it got annoying for me.

Moving on, I like the artwork and the tidbits on Japanese mythology.

(show spoiler)