MangaCat

MangaCat's Blog

I read manga and books. I usually read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Horror. I also read other books or manga that are not within those genres.

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
AR has read 45 books toward their goal of 50 books.
hide

Perfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis

Perfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis - Yoshikazu Takeuchi

When I received this book from Amazon, I was surprised how the big the text was in this book. I didn't mind it too much because it makes reading easier since I don't have to squint hard.

That aside, the book was a quick and scary read. I found Mima to be a likable character. Some of the side characters are kind of flat, but I still find them interesting. The villain of this book, the nameless fan, is one of the scariest characters I've ever encountered because there are people that are like him in real life. Reading through his reasons for stalking and his plans for Mima gave me the creeps.

One complaint I have is that the last chapter felt rushed compared to previous chapters. I won't go into details, but the ending didn't feel like an ending. Especially since there were things that needed some explanation.

The book contains some typos which didn't distract me too much. Japanese honorifics are used in this book which might be an annoyance to some readers.

Also, the book contains graphic sexual and violent content which might be inappropriate or disturbing for some readers.