MangaCat

MangaCat's Blog

I read manga and books. I usually read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Horror. I also read other books or manga that are not within those genres.

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
AR has read 45 books toward their goal of 50 books.
hide

Outbreak Company, Volume 1

Outbreak Company: Volume 1 - Ichirou Sakaki

Before I read this light novel, I watched the anime adaptation which I enjoyed. Unfortunately, the anime didn't cover the rest of the series, and I was sad that I would be unable to get the rest of the story. When I heard that the Outbreak Company series was licensed for an official English translation, I was so happy. I finally get to read the rest of the series.

I read Volume 1 on the J-Novel Club website first and read the ebook version the second time which I just did.

The translation quality of this book is excellent and smooth. I didn't recall encountering any typos in this book. I felt like I was reading something that was originally in English rather than Japanese.

The story is an isekai story. However, unlike most other isekai stories that I read, the plot in this story has serious topics like racism and classism. The story also has silly moments like Shinichi being excited about living with a maid and seeing how the Eldant citizens react to otaku culture. But most of the story is surprisingly serious despite the cute illustration on the cover.

The illustrations are beautifully drawn, and the drawings of each of the characters are unique.

I can't wait to read the next volume.