MangaCat

MangaCat's Blog

I read manga and books. I usually read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Horror. I also read other books or manga that are not within those genres.

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
AR has read 45 books toward their goal of 50 books.
hide
SPOILER ALERT!

Kingdom Hearts II Novel Volume 1

Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel, Vol. 1 (light novel) - Nojima Kazushige, Tetsuya Nomura, Tomoco Kanemaki

I'm a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, and I chose to read this novel because I'm hyped up about Kingdom Hearts III.

This novel covers the first part of the game until the start of the Heartless battle in Hollow Bastion. The story follows the Final Mix version of the game well. The notable difference is that the book focuses more on other characters beside Sora. Kairi, Riku, and Namine get a lot more scenes in the book compared to the game. Those scenes provide me a clear view of what happens in Kingdom Hearts II.

The book does not contain a lot of visits to the Disney worlds which I did not mind because reading about every world that appears in the game does not sound exciting (if I want to experience every world, I can just play the game). Also, most of the worlds in the game have little to do with the main plot. So, I'm glad the author skipped most of the world visits and instead focused on the ones that are connected to the main story.

I recommend this book to fans who want something to do while they wait for Kingdom Hearts III.