MangaCat

MangaCat's Blog

I read manga and books. I usually read Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Horror. I also read other books or manga that are not within those genres.

Last and First Idol
Shiramine
Progress: 50 %

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
AR has read 45 books toward their goal of 50 books.
hide
SPOILER ALERT!

Ax Volume 1: A Collection of Alternative Manga

Ax Volume 1: A Collection of Alternative Manga - Katsuo Kawai, Nishioka Kyodai, Takato Yamamoto, Toranosuke Shimada, Yuka Goto, Mimiyo Tomozawa, Takashi Nemoto, Yusaku Hanakuma, Namie Fujieda, Mitsuhiko Yoshida, Akino Kondoh, Kotobuki Shiriagari, Shinbo Minami, Shinya Komatsu, Einosuke, Yuichi Kiriyama, Yunosuke Saito, I read this collection several years ago. There were a few stories that were interesting and had beautiful artwork. However, most of the stories were bland, forgettable and just ugly for the sake of being ugly. For example, one manga was about a woman being hit by some fluids from a giant naked man. That was the entire story for that manga. What was the point of the story? This is one of the problems I have with some alternative works is that it's pointless for the sake of being pointless. I don't expect all stories to have a lesson or moral; I understand that there are stories told to entertain people. But most of the stories in this collection failed to entertain me.